Disaster and Emergency Training Center was established in 1960 in accordance with the law 7126 Sivil Defence as per article 23 under the name of “Sivil Defence College” in order to execute sivil defence trainings and instructions depending upon Sivil Defence General Directorate.
Disaster and Emergency Training Center has been assigned to Prime Ministry Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD) after putting The Law Regarding Organization and Duty Principles of Prime Ministry Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency into force. Disaster and Emergency Training Center is unique corporation which is assigned to AFAD afterwards abolishing of three General Directorates about disaster and emergency management.
Disaster and Emergency Training Center continued its operations at hired buildings between 1960 and 1973. The Training Center has moved to campus based on 10. km. of Ankara - Istanbul road in 1973. The Training Center has implemented its dutys on same campus.
2. Purpose and Duties of Organization
Objective of The Training Center is training of AFAD personnel, staff of other public institutions and public sector employees concerning disasters and emergencies according to The Sivil Defence Regulation numbered 6/3150 as per article 70, 71 and 72.
The Training Center holds its activities in compliance with its own directive and subjects under discussion.
Essential Duties of The Training Center
- Training people who works in Disaster and Emergency Management Organization concerning theoretical informations and practical abilities.
- Educating the staff who works in Disaster and Emergency Management Processes and the trainers who take in charge in publicity of Disaster and Emergency Management Processes.
- Organizing probationary employee seminars for beginner AFAD employee.
- Arranging basic level and improving trainings as personnel development.
- Holding trainings in order to develop personnel who takes responsibilty response processes.
- Holding conferences related training activities of Disaster and Emergency Management.
- Contributing research and development activities regarding Disaster and Emergency Management.
- Presenting opinions in order to determine standarts of materials and equipments of fire brigade.